D-40 Pony Sport Breaks
Sport Break “Light” from NHF D-40 with 138cm track is available in single or pair with measurements custom to order to fit both your horse and the driver:
Contact Us For Price
- Steel wheels with large hubs & tapered spokes
- Disk brakes with no rust rotors, (front brakes single, front and rear pair)
- Adjustable spring mounted pole
- Hand crank parking brake (either hand crank or wheel crank) & “micro” valve park brake
- Custom Measurements: height of box from the ground, distance on floor from box to toe board, the floor to the top of the box and wedge height custom to order
- Adjustable box seat (fore & aft) on track or three screw settings.
- Wedge movable to the center
- Choice of colors and striping, Toledo 110 upholstery with stitching to match striping.
- Wood trim: around seats, dash, splinter bar & swingle trees, fenders, either stained or painted
The first option and most common, is adjusted by a small hand wheel which the navigator or groom operates. A small brake master cylinder provides hydraulic pressure to a small motorcycle type caliper which engages a brake disk attached to the fifth wheel.
The second option of the hydraulic fifth wheel brake pedal is operated by the driver by means of an extra brake pedal that operates a small master cylinder to provide hydraulic pressure to a small motorcycle type caliper which engages a brake disk attached to the fifth wheel. This option, like the hand wheel operated by the navigator/groom is quite effective, the braking action is instant when the pedal is depressed and instant off when the pedal is released.
The wheel and pedal operated 5th wheel brakes are available together.
The “manometer’ permits you to set the desired amount of pressure on the fifth wheel for both the pedal operated by the driver or the hand wheel operated by the navigator.
The pedal operated hydraulic fifth wheel brake, which can help provide a straight rein back in dressage, is also available on Marathon carriages. May be just may be enough help to bring home the blue!!!
NOTE: If you would like stainless to reduce weight but choose to have it painted vs. polished the pricing is reduced.
The conversion is relatively easy, 1) remove the standard groom seat by loosening the two set screws 2) remove the rear platform floor plate, six set screws and 3) install the rumble seat (two set screws) . The standard groom seat can still be removed as before and replaced with the Wicker basket if no groom is required. The added cost for this option including the extra rumble seat is $415
Contact us for custom-fitted carriage quote! We will expertly match features tailored to you and your equine partners’ needs.
*Carriage prices are subject to change and do not include delivery to final destination from Windsor, SC, or State sales tax, where applicable.