New Spider Light III Single
The Spider Light III is designed to offer a state-of-the-art presentation carriage for small ponies. The Spider Light III in this photo was sized to fit a 13.1 pony weighs 380 pounds including a pedal operated hydraulic 5th wheel brake. All of our Spiders are custom measured to fit both the driver and the pony. Even with the reduced weight, the Spider Light III includes all the design performance enhancements available on the larger Spider models to give the driver a competitive edge in today’s demanding advanced dressage and cones competitions. With the groom seat removed and replaced by a wicker basket reduces weight by 24 pounds.
Starting at $7,665 Single and $7,915 Pair
- Rear hydraulic disk brakes & “micro” park brake
- Pedal operated hydraulic 5th wheel brake
- Center mounted Wedge seat adjustable with three screw settings
- Choice of paint, striping & wood stain trim
- New Toledo 100 upholstery with seams to match striping color
- Adjustable metal shafts with presentation or closed-loop extensions
- Wheels 65 cm front / 85 cm rear, height to top of box 97 cm body width 72 cm
New features include:
- Front track 128cm rear track 138cm.
- Inclined springs: springs toed in to allow more room for the horse and shorten the wheel base to improve turning radius.
- Rear groom platform lowered to lower center of gravity.
- Shaft base 128cm wide to allow for more room for the pony in tight turns
- 5th wheel moved to rear by 10cm to improve cones performance
The first option and most common, is adjusted by a small hand wheel which the navigator or groom operates. A small brake master cylinder provides hydraulic pressure to a small motorcycle type caliper which engages a brake disk attached to the fifth wheel.
The second option of the hydraulic fifth wheel brake pedal is operated by the driver by means of an extra brake pedal that operates a small master cylinder to provide hydraulic pressure to a small motorcycle type caliper which engages a brake disk attached to the fifth wheel. This option, like the hand wheel operated by the navigator/groom is quite effective, the braking action is instant when the pedal is depressed and instant off when the pedal is released.
The wheel and pedal operated 5th wheel brakes are available together.
The “manometer’ permits you to set the desired amount of pressure on the fifth wheel for both the pedal operated by the driver or the hand wheel operated by the navigator.
The pedal operated hydraulic fifth wheel brake, which can help provide a straight rein back in dressage, is also available on Marathon carriages. May be just may be enough help to bring home the blue!!!
NOTE: If you would like stainless to reduce weight but choose to have it painted vs. polished the pricing is reduced.
The conversion is relatively easy, 1) remove the standard groom seat by loosening the two set screws 2) remove the rear platform floor plate, six set screws and 3) install the rumble seat (two set screws) . The standard groom seat can still be removed as before and replaced with the Wicker basket if no groom is required. The added cost for this option including the extra rumble seat is $415
Contact us for custom-fitted carriage quote! We will expertly match features tailored to you and your equine partners’ needs.
*Carriage prices are subject to change and do not include delivery to final destination from Windsor, SC, or State sales tax, where applicable.