Spider Light II Large Pony
The Spider Light II can give the driver a competitive edge in today’s demanding advanced dressage and cones competitions. Approximately 421 pounds including 5th wheel brake when designed for a large pony.
Starting at $7,665 Single and $7,915 Pair
- Rear hydraulic disk brakes with “no rust” rotors & “micro” park brake
- Box seat, adjustable on track or three screw settings, with suede wedge movable to the center
- Choice of paint, striping & wood stain trim
- New Toledo 110 upholstery with seams to match striping color
- Adjustable metal shafts with choice of presentation or closed-loop end extensions
- Hydraulic pedal operated 5th wheel brake
- Elliptic spring suspension
Performance design enhancements
- Front track 128 cm, rear track 138 cm
- 5th wheel moved to the rear 10 cm
- Wheel base shortened for tighter turning radius
- Rear groom platform with lower center of gravity
The first option and most common, is adjusted by a small hand wheel which the navigator or groom operates. A small brake master cylinder provides hydraulic pressure to a small motorcycle type caliper which engages a brake disk attached to the fifth wheel.
The second option of the hydraulic fifth wheel brake pedal is operated by the driver by means of an extra brake pedal that operates a small master cylinder to provide hydraulic pressure to a small motorcycle type caliper which engages a brake disk attached to the fifth wheel. This option, like the hand wheel operated by the navigator/groom is quite effective, the braking action is instant when the pedal is depressed and instant off when the pedal is released.
The wheel and pedal operated 5th wheel brakes are available together.
The “manometer’ permits you to set the desired amount of pressure on the fifth wheel for both the pedal operated by the driver or the hand wheel operated by the navigator.
The pedal operated hydraulic fifth wheel brake, which can help provide a straight rein back in dressage, is also available on Marathon carriages. May be just may be enough help to bring home the blue!!!
NOTE: If you would like stainless to reduce weight but choose to have it painted vs. polished the pricing is reduced.
The conversion is relatively easy, 1) remove the standard groom seat by loosening the two set screws 2) remove the rear platform floor plate, six set screws and 3) install the rumble seat (two set screws) . The standard groom seat can still be removed as before and replaced with the Wicker basket if no groom is required. The added cost for this option including the extra rumble seat is $415
Contact us for custom-fitted carriage quote! We will expertly match features tailored to you and your equine partners’ needs.
*Carriage prices are subject to change and do not include delivery to final destination from Windsor, SC, or State sales tax, where applicable.