WARRIOR 500– Wheel Size 80 x 75 cm for Single Horse approx 15+ hands*
WARRIOR 600– Wheel Size 85 x 80 cm for Single Horse approx 16+ hands*
Starting at $8,980
*Please consult with your dealer regarding size requirements as carriage size needed varies with height, type and number of horses. Carriages can be made for Singles and/or Pairs.
Features Included in Base Price:
- Standard Choice of Hard Rubber Tires Profile: 25 x 15 x 2 mm / Rubber 30 mm OR optional 35 mm which increases weight OR Pneumatic Wheels
- Standard Track Width: 125 cm (49.21 in.)
- Standard Suspension: Front – Elmex with Rear Double Elliptic
- Standard Straight Spokes ½” Wheels, Cambered in Rear
- Standard Axles 30 x 30 x 4 mm
- Standard Hydraulic Parking Brake
- Standard 2 BIT Brakes. Optional 4 BIT Brakes.
- Standard Moveable Angular Driver’s Box Seat with Steel Tube Surround.
- Standard One-Level Back Step (Does not extend beyond rear wheels.)
- Standard Fixed Navigator Grab Bar Design
- Standard Painted Closed End Loop Shafts
- Standard Shock Absorbers
Optional Features: (Refer to drop down PDF below)
- Optional Uli Seat – Slides left to center with folding passenger seat
- Optional Rear Elmex- increases weight approx 12 kg (26.5 lbs)
- Optional Two Navigator Floors- increases weight
- Optional Delayed Steering- increases weight approx 10 kg (22 lbs.)
- Optional Fifth Wheel Brake Pedal, Navigator and/or Manometer Guage
- Optional Stainless Steel
Weight for 400 Starts at approx. 187 kg (414 lbs), but increases with size specifications & options added. Options are additional cost.
NOTE: The Warrior Series replaces NHF-100 Light, NHF-128 & D-256 with upgraded features.
Optional Polished Stainless Steel
Stainless steel, chrome rolled steel (SAE 5140), is not only pretty, resist scratches and abrasions but is also lighter and stronger than low carbon rolled steel (SAE 1010).
“Stainless steel (chrome rolled steel) has about 3X the yield strength of low carbon rolled steel. Thus, for any given desired strength that is needed for an application, (i.e. shafts, or frame parts of a carriage), you can use a thinner gauge (and hence lower weight) of chrome rolled steel when compared to carbon steel. The mistake that I noted in the past was that most carriages were “over-built” in my estimation, by using the same gauge for both chrome rolled and low carbon steel. To be sure, the chrome rolled units were much stronger, but I never felt that the extra “crash and burn” durability warranted the heavier than necessary weight. I don’t mind training heavy, but I sure do like to compete light. By using a thinner gauge stainless steel you can maintain or increase strength and be lighter at the same time, the best of both worlds.” Ken Messner & “Welding Principles and Practices” by Raymond Sacks.
There are multiple possibilities to add stainless steel to your carriage. The following are several options for you to consider. If you don’t see a specific item you would like please let us known.
NOTE: If you would like stainless to reduce weight but choose to have it painted vs. polished the pricing is reduced.
The first option and most common, is adjusted by a small hand wheel which the navigator or groom operates. A small brake master cylinder provides hydraulic pressure to a small motorcycle type caliper which engages a brake disk attached to the fifth wheel. The second option of the hydraulic fifth wheel brake pedal is operated by the driver by means of an extra brake pedal that operates a small master cylinder to provide hydraulic pressure to a small motorcycle type caliper which engages a brake disk attached to the fifth wheel. This option, like the hand wheel operated by the navigator/groom is quite effective, the braking action is instant when the pedal is depressed and instant off when the pedal is released.
The wheel and pedal operated 5th wheel brakes are available together..
The “manometer’ permits you to set the desired amount of pressure on the fifth wheel for both the pedal operated by the driver or the hand wheel operated by the navigator.
The pedal operated hydraulic fifth wheel brake, which can help provide a straight rein back in dressage, is also available on Presentation carriages. Maybe just may be enough help to bring home the blue!!!
Contact us for custom-fitted carriage quote! We will expertly match features tailored to you and your equine partners’ needs.
*Carriage prices are subject to change and do not include delivery to final destination from Windsor, SC, or State sales tax, where applicable.