Spider D-69 Horse Single & Pair
The D-69 can be configured for in Single horse 138cm track, Pair Horse 148cm track and Team 158cm track.
Starting at $9,600 for Single
- Groom seat (choice of either single or double)
- Wheels with standard hubs, round spokes and vulcanized rubber tires
- Rear disk brakes (BIT Calipers with “no Rust” rotors
- Adjustable, padded, spring mounted pole
- Hand crank parking brake & micro park brake
- Custom measurements: from ground to the top of the box, from teh floor to the top of the box & on the floor from the box to the toe board r
- Adjustable box seat (fore & aft) on track or three screw settings with drivers wedge movable to the center.
- Choice of wood trim either stained or painted
- Choice of paint & striping colors and upholstery colors
- Performance enhancements: 5th wheel moved to the rear 10cm, front track reduced 10cm, shaft base set as wide as the track width to allow maximum maneuverability for the horse, Inclined springs turned out to allow more room for the horse and minimize the wheel bas9,600
The first option and most common, is adjusted by a small hand wheel which the navigator or groom operates. A small brake master cylinder provides hydraulic pressure to a small motorcycle type caliper which engages a brake disk attached to the fifth wheel.
The second option of the hydraulic fifth wheel brake pedal is operated by the driver by means of an extra brake pedal that operates a small master cylinder to provide hydraulic pressure to a small motorcycle type caliper which engages a brake disk attached to the fifth wheel. This option, like the hand wheel operated by the navigator/groom is quite effective, the braking action is instant when the pedal is depressed and instant off when the pedal is released.
The wheel and pedal operated 5th wheel brakes are available together.
The “manometer’ permits you to set the desired amount of pressure on the fifth wheel for both the pedal operated by the driver or the hand wheel operated by the navigator.
The pedal operated hydraulic fifth wheel brake, which can help provide a straight rein back in dressage, is also available on Marathon carriages. May be just may be enough help to bring home the blue!!!
NOTE: If you would like stainless to reduce weight but choose to have it painted vs. polished the pricing is reduced.
The conversion is relatively easy, 1) remove the standard groom seat by loosening the two set screws 2) remove the rear platform floor plate, six set screws and 3) install the rumble seat (two set screws) . The standard groom seat can still be removed as before and replaced with the Wicker basket if no groom is required. The added cost for this option including the extra rumble seat is $415
Contact us for custom-fitted carriage quote! We will expertly match features tailored to you and your equine partners’ needs.
*Carriage prices are subject to change and do not include delivery to final destination from Windsor, SC, or State sales tax, where applicable.